He wants you to notice the AB AB patterns in his name pattern cloud.
"helping my mom cutting peaches"
Leo demonstrated "rainbow writing." Otto surprised us by writing his name (not that a) by himself.We practiced, once before. I told him it is circles and lines. He was saying, "that's a good circle" as he held the crayon so carefully. I have been waiting for this moment since we decided on the name.
"I like to climb a tree because it is fun!"
His favorite season in the weather corner.
From the "Hopes and Dreams" bulletin board. Left is his, right is his parents' (mostly his mother.)















First Grade? good golly! Thank you for sharing open house, I am totally digging the Leo show here. how fun is all this literacy? So, what is his favorite thing about first grade so far?
ReplyDeleteOh! His self portrait! Oh!
ReplyDeleteHe totally needs blank notecards with that on the front!
And Otto's name writing! I never looked at his name that way (though i maybe noticed its palindromic balancedness): circles and lines...
I'm going to steal the hand idea for Aliza's open house night in the spring (and i'm going to make what you wrote on the right hand my drop-off line-up mantra!)...